Commission on Evangelism & Missions
In a spirit of servanthood the EAC’s Commission on Evangelism and Missions (EAC-COEM) exists to enable local churches to extend the kingdom of God through Christ-centred proclamation of the Gospel and the transformation of society.
- To challenge the Caribbean Church to respond to its global responsibility so that unreached peoples will be given opportunities to respond to the Gospel and vital local churches may be established.
- To provide a regional forum for the exchange of ideas and information, as well to speak prophetically to the Caribbean Church concerning its evangelistic and missionary responsibilities.
- To promote the development of missions’ societies as well as associations of missions on a national as well as regional basis.
- To develop and implement programmes which will:
- Help in furthering the overall task of Caribbean evangelisation.
- Aid Caribbean Evangelicals in their response to the global missions task.
- Foster true Christian unity and co-operation throughout the region in collaboration with member bodies.
- To develop in-depth evangelism and mission strategies.
- To encourage and, in certain cases, sponsor/co-sponsor conferences/consultations on evangelism and/or missions and related disciplines.
- To assist in developing church growth studies within the region
- To provide pastoral and lay leadership training in the area of evangelism and missions.
- To be a channel of communications, particularly between the established and emerging missions agencies within the region.
- To liaise with other Evangelical agencies working in the same or related ministries.
- To provide speakers and consultants for member-bodies and the Evangelical community of the region in the areas of evangelism and missions.
- To publish materials which are helpful to the evangelism and missions movements.
For further information contact:
Rev. Emerson Boyce
Commission Executive Director